The MRIS Coupon Shipping Manifest serves as a “cover page” for your coupon shipment, giving our processing plant the information they need to process your coupons. Review the manifest provided in this packet, ensuring that the store name and address are correct. Do not alter ID#’s or Store name and address; if any corrections are needed, please contact Customer Service. Please note your Retailer ID, located above your store name, and include this number in all your correspondence to MRIS.
When filling out the manifest:
- Actual or Estimated Face Value and Coupon Quantity are optional. You will receive via email a “Shipment Confirmation” which will show all claimed and verified data, and any variance. Variances over our QC threshold will trigger a re-count before final processing.
- Shipment Weight: For all shipments provide the weight of the coupon shipment including packaging.
- We insure your coupon shipments only if shipped with via a trackable shipping method. Indicate the ‘Shipped Via’ and provide the Tracking #.
- Note the date shipped in the blank provided, and sign the form. Drop your shipment in the mail, and we’ll take it from there! Please be sure to use either a “reinforced” envelope or a box.
The manifest can be revised to suit your needs. For example, you may itemize your coupons by date redeemed rather than by face value. Please contact our office if you are interested in a specialized manifest.
- Do not alter coupons in any way, such as trimming, etc. This will result in a “Coupon Appearance” denial, as the coupons will not appear to be consumer handled.
- Do not put place a rubber band around the coupons as this causes all coupons to have similar wrinkles and are subsequently denied for Coupon Appearance.
- Do not accept photocopies of coupons as these are not valid and will not be paid by the Manufacturer.
Internet Printed Coupons:
The same manufacturer rules apply to all internet printed coupons.
- Internet printed coupons must be capable of scanning at checkout.
- Internet printed coupons must follow an industry-standard format. –
- Manufacturer internet printed coupons must clearly indicate that they are a manufacturer coupon and must have a valid barcode and manufacture address on the printed coupon. –
- Look for multiple prints (more than 2) of the exact same coupon. All valid Internet Coupons provide print controls that limit customers to 1 or 2 prints of a coupon. Also, most internet coupons have a dotted bar code under the expiration date of the coupon with a “Serial Number” that should be different on every internet coupon. If the consumer has more than one, and that number is the same, than it is a photocopy, DO NOT ACCEPT!
It is best to create a consistent history of coupon submission. You may choose a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly basis, depending on your store’s coupon volume. This prevents various non-payment issues, and is especially important in preventing denials of expired coupons. Each manufacturer sets its own grace period on the honoring of expired coupons, and this may range anywhere from 30 days to 6 months. The sooner you submit expired coupons, the less likely they are to be rejected.
Manufacturer and Store Coupons Acceptance Guidelines:
- Store should redeem coupons only for the specific items included in our customer’s purchase transaction. The redemption value will be as stated on the coupon, unless that value yields a final price for such item less than zero; if application of the redemption value yields a price less than zero, the coupon will be redeemed only for the amount that yields a zero price (our customer cannot net a cash credit or payout from a coupon purchase).
- Paper coupons must be presented at the time of the purchase transaction. Store should accept only coupons issued by the store itself or the manufacturer of the relevant product. Store should not accept photocopies of coupons.
- Coupons are subject to advertised offer limitations and all other limitations and restrictions on the applicable coupon or product.
- Coupons may not be applied against any free item received in any other offer.
- Coupons have no cash value to be reimbursed to the customer.
- Store should not accept manufacturer coupons that display another retailer’s logo or name unless such coupon is for a specific item with the same product identifiers as the product included in our customer’s purchase transaction and unless the coupon does not mention only valid at the retailer whose logo is printed.
- Store should not accept expired coupons.
- Store should not accept coupons that appear distorted or blurry or are altered in any way.
- Stores should not accept coupons that do not contain a barcode or the manufacturer’s terms.
- Sales taxes should be applied in accordance with the law of the applicable state, regardless of any coupon or other discount that may apply to the purchase transaction.
- All applicable bottle and packaging deposits on the purchased and free items must be paid by the customer.
- Store should reserve the right to refuse any coupons at its discretion.
For any questions or concerns, please contact:
Mandlik & Rhodes Customer Service
(727) 359-6808 or (847) 277-0433